Tutorials

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Teachers gift

Okay, you're probably thinking, why didn't she show me this last year? Well I didn't because I made an indentical card and sent it to Andrea, so didn't want her to find my blog and know that it was me.

Now we all know that at the end of the year it's nice to say thanks to your childs teacher, so I modified a box to hold some Ferrero Rochers and Nescafe lattes.

I thought that the '-a-latte' stamp from Fun and Fast Notes would make an appropriate card, the only problem being that it says "Love you-a-latte" and I am not quite that fond of the teacher. So I stamped the 'Thank' from "Thank Ewe" and 'you' from "Love you-a-latte" on some Baja Breeze cardstock and punch it out using the word window punch, then covered the 'love you' bit. I actually think it added a little more pizzazz than just using the straight stamp.



I also used the Spotlight On Christmas stamp set to make the background paper for the card and as you can see it doesn't look very Christmassy at all. I think that's another reason why I love this set. It can be used for a number of occasions.

Card: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze
Ink: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip
DSP: Parisian Breeze (retired)
Ribbon: Baja Breeze 1" double stitched grosgrain
Punches: Large Star, Word Window, 1/2" Circle
Embellishments: Jumbo Brads 5/16"Neutrals

Make sure you tune in tomorrow for the next addition of the ESAD Blog Hop for Sale-A-Bration. If you haven't been on a blog hop before, basically you start at one blog and hop to the next and the next, until you return to the first post. On your hop you'll be treated to many ideas on how to use the FREE sets that you can earn during Sale-A-Bration.

Till next time, happy stamping...

1 comment:

  1. Oh lucky lucky teachers Sonia. Love the box, Love the Parisian Breeze dsp , sad they've gone on holidays :( Love the card too....very clever to come up with the Thank you a latte bit :)
    Tanya xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...