Tutorials

Sunday, January 10, 2010

I was Andrea Bucklands Secret Sister......

Okay well it is official now. I can tell you that I was Andrea Buckland's Secret Sister.

First things first, when I got given Andrea as my Secret Sister for this round, I looked her up on the internet to see if she had a blog. And she does. I was gobsmacked by all the beautiful work that she had on there and got very nervous about my abilities to make anything half as nice as her work. To check out Andrea's work click here.

This was the first card I sent to Andrea.




To explain the origin of this card, I had just purchased some glossy white paper and hadn't used it before. Leonie Schroder had given us some tips, so I decided to try out the Fifth Avenue Rose and a sponge dauber and ink. My first version I used black ink for the stamp, and made a lovely rose, but I wasn't happy with it. I really didn't know what to do with the work I had done. So I went to bed - the next morning was my wedding anniversary and I hadn't done anything for my husband. I woke the next morning and had the layout for my hubby's card in my head. Within five minutes of waking I had made this card.


Obviously it was a little to lovey dovey for Andrea, but I thought that I could make the same card but in softer pinks. Basically it was the same layout but in different colours and one was portrait and the other landscape. I love both of these cards.

Andreas card ingredients;

Card: Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Pretty In Pink, Glossy White
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Stazon White (retired)
Punches: Eyelet Border, Large Oval, Scallop Oval (retired)
Ribbon: Pretty In Pink 1/4" grosgrain
Stamp Sets: Fifth Avenue, Sweet Little Sentiments

Wedding anniversary card ingredients;

Card: Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White, Glossy White
Ink: Basic Black
Punches: Eyelet Border, Large Oval, Scallop Oval (retired)
Ribbon: Whisper White 3/8" taffeta
Stamp Sets: Fifth Avenue, Short and Sweet

Keep your eye out for more posts over the coming days and weeks as I show you more of what I sent to Andrea.

Till next time, happy stamping...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...