Tutorials

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

ESAD Summer Mini Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to my blog.

Today you have either stumbled across or been informed about the Blog Hop that the ESAD group is having. So who is ESAD? We are a group of "Extremely Special Australian Demonstrators". We have our own yahoo group and we share ideas and provide support and friendship to other demonstrators. We have regular chats, challenges, swaps and tech talks.

If you are an Australian or NZ Stampin' Up! demonstrator you can join our group. Click here for more information. If you aren't a demonstrator and are worried about missing out, contact me and I'll can fill you in on many more benefits that you'll receive by being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.

I am showcasing a card using the stamp set, Butterfly Prints, and co-ordinating punch from the Summer Mini. I just love that this punch also co-ordinates with Flight of the Butterfly from the Ideas Book and Catalogue.

I used the emboss resist technique to build this card. To do this, you need to emboss an image onto your cardstock using clear embossing powder. Then you go over it with ink. I used my brayer to ink this cardstock. I then used a tissue to wipe the excess ink off the embossed images. The best part is that the ink gets into the little cracks in the embossing and leaves a reverse image.



Card: Whisper White, So Saffron, Taken With Teal
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Taken With Teal, so Saffron, Versamark, Rose Red
Ribbon: So Saffron 5/8" grosgrain (retired), Elegant Eggplant 1/4" grosgrain
Punches: Butterfly, 1/2" Circle
Tools: Embossing Buddy, Embossing Pals, Heat Tool, Clear Embossing Powder
Stamp Sets: Butterfly Prints, Short and Sweet

Be sure to remember to add a comment to every post that you visit on this blog hop as you may win some BLOG CANDY for your efforts! There are about 30 blogs in total to visit, so grab a cuppa, set the kids up something that will entertain them for a while and enjoy our blog hop. After you have visited every blog, you will end up back at the first. Once you are there and have commented on every blog, please email Leonie to be entered into the blog candy draw.

Alright the next blog to visit is the very clever Steph Pikes.

Till next time, happy stamping...

56 comments:

  1. I love this set, and I'm a sucker for a matching punch too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute card. i don't emboss enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a great idea. Love the cards thanks for sharing.
    Kym Byrne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those cards Sonia! Those are some of my most favouritist colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the emboss resist techinique - it looks fabulous with the butterfly set and my favourite punch of all time!!! A beautiful card.... TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well here I am back at home after a whirlwind tour of the summer mini via our blog hop. So many talented ladies out there! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! You all are killin' me with these butterfly stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really cool card Sonia. Thanks do much for sharing it. Love what you have done with the butterflies.
    Hugz
    Shaz :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card and love that these stamps have a co-ordinating punch. Definitely ion my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these butterflies the more I see them. tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your butterflies, Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card. i love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE what you did with all those butterflies!! The colours are terrific! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card, Sonia. TIme to get my embossing supplies out I think!

    Kylie Rankine :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this technique and I love the butterflies. Great card Sonia!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your Summer mini inspirations!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great card. The reverse images look very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet!! I love these butterfly images.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the wonderful butterflies - it's so nice to see them done well!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The butterflies again is this telling me something ( BUY ME)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sonia, Love these butterflies too, and great technique. Thanks for sharing, Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  22. My favourite butterflies and what a great colour combo, very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What lovely butterflies. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card! TFS

    Cynthia Ferenz
    Fredericksburg, VA
    www.stampindragon@verizon.net
    Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers

    ReplyDelete
  25. Luv,luv, LUVIN' these b'flies and my brain buzzes with new ideas every time I see them. Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have Taken with Teal & Rose Red--lovely use of these two colours with the So Saffron--great butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love that butterfly punch!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sonia once again you do beautiful work. The butterflies are great. I love everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This set is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful butterflies Sonia.
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  31. You are very talented. Don't know whether I'd go to so much effort though!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ohh I just got this set as well = another idea to case!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am so going to get this set and the punch. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the butterflies really lots of uses for this stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the colour combo!!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love this technique and these butterflies are so popular! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  37. You ladies are killing my budget! I am seeing so many things I just "HAVE" to have!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow sooo cute, I love colour combination too!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love those butterflies, how clever, will be definitely be trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I like the effect you have created with the emboss resist technique,I might have to try it myself! Thanks Lisa H

    ReplyDelete
  41. I am sure I posted a comment yesterday,because I asked if the picture at the top of your page was taken in Kangaroo Island? Now I can't find the comment I left. I still love your idea and the card you made.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  42. I definitely think I NEED these butterflies now!

    ReplyDelete
  43. OMG so much to learn about stamping and all the variations with the one set - love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Really cute butterfly card and I LOVE the box!! You are very talented!! Keep having fun with stamping!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  45. very cute. thanx for the inspiration.
    Jobee

    ReplyDelete
  46. The butterfly punch seems very popular, looks lovely
    Hugs Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  47. I think this so great Sonia. I don't know how you come up with so many fresh ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...