Tutorials

Monday, December 7, 2009

For a special friend...

Well this post includes a card and a box! Double whammy!

Despite being a demonstrator, I don't own the whole catty... yet! So occasionally I have to borrow some sets from friends of mine. We decided that we would set a new rule, that if you borrowed a set, you had to make a card to go back with the set upon return. Recently I borrowed Loads of Love Accessories from my friend, Julie. I struggled with how to make a card using 'only' this set to go back, as I didn't want to team it up with Loads of Love (although that would have made a great card too).

This is my offering;


I stamped the presents along the base of a piece of cardstock, using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to line them up and space them (or non space them) neatly. I then built my card around this. I tried to make it look like a shop front, although I am not sure how successful this strategy was.

I have also borrowed a couple of other things, like the tag punch, so I thought that I would make a sweet box to return the goodies in. I really enjoyed making these items, as I know how much they will be appreciated!

Card Ingredients:

Card: Elegant Eggplant, Pretty In Pink, Rose Red
DSP: Sweet Always
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Lavender Lace
Punches: Designer Label, Word Window, Scallop Edge Border, Photo Corners
Ribbon: Elegant Eggplant 1/4" grosgrain
Embellishments: Flower Assortment Designer Brads (retired)
Stamp Sets: Loads of Love Accessories, Fun and Fast Notes

Box Ingredients:

Card: Pink Pirrouette, Pumpkin Pie
DSP: Sweet Always
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Punches: Small Tag, Round Tab, Tag
Ribbon: Pretty In Pink 1/4" grosgrain, Hemp Twine
Embellishments: Flower Fusion, Flower Fusion Too, Circle Fire Rhinestone Brads
Stamp Set: Best Yet

Till next time, happy stamping...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Sonia, I love it. I'm so pleased I'm your special friend

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...