Tutorials

Thursday, February 25, 2010

An unusual card for me!

Hello my friends!

Well as you all know I am not really an orange person. Not that I dislike it, but I generally choose not to work with it. On this day I was sending a gift of yummy Tim Tam biccies to a Tim Tam virgin. Yep, I was going to try and convert her.

Anyway I thought that I'd use some DSP as wrapping paper and a little bit of ribbon. Now since the wrapping was going to take a whole sheet, I decided to use something that I wasn't overly attached to. So out came the Haiku DSP and I then had to make a corresponding card. Honestly sometimes I think, I work backwards!


This card was actually really quick to make (or would have been if I didn't stop halfway through to chat to some of my online crafting buddies - Hi Jules, Hi Tanya). I stamped the wheel image onto Whisper White and it looked a little bit stark, so I used some daubers to run some Kiwi Kiss over the Kind words.

This was the first time I had used my Boho Blossoms punch which I received for FREE last year during the Holiday Extravaganza promotion. It was so quick and easy to make these flowers and they look great. Expect to see more like this in the future!

Anyway talking about FREE items, remember Sale-A-Bration is on at the moment and you can receive an exclusive FREE stamp set for every order over AU$100 or party sales of more than $AU600. Or even for joining up. This offer is only valid until the 31st March 2010.

Card: Tango Tangerine, Kiwi Kiss
Ink: Tango Tangerine, Kiwi Kiss
DSP: Haiku
Punches: Boho Blossoms, Scallop Edge
Ribbon: Kiwi Kiss 5/8" striped grosgrain
Embellishments: Earth Element Brads

Till next time, happy stamping...

2 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the wheel stamp, Sonia! The Kiwi Kiss does make it look special! And ... I totally get what you said about "orange". I am not against it ... but don't tend to use a lot. Pumpkin Pie is probably the one I use the most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope I didn't keep you from stamping toooooo much :P Always love a good chat (hehehe) Great card Sonia & I too don't use 'organe' it just doesn't seem to happen when I try
    Hugs
    Tan xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...