Tutorials

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Some manly cards

It's getting to that time of year when we have to start thinking about the men in our lives. Well I do anyway, as my hubby's birthday is this month, which is followed closely by Fathers Day. So I thought I'd try and make a couple of cards for men. Unfortunately my husband has seen these in progress, so I will have to make him something else.


I am very happy with the way the words 'beyond measure' from the Totally Tool set fits nicely into the Word Window punch. I love the way, I was able to change the word before it to 'Wonderful'. Obviously there are many different options out there and it's a matter of looking at your stamps in small pieces, so that you are able to make the most of them.



Again I have used two different stamp sets for the wording on this second card. I used my Chocoloate Chip marker to ink up the word 'fabulous' rather than trying to use an ink pad and clean up around the word. I love markers for this reason. Of course, my favourite tool , the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, came out to keep the wording straight.

I used lots of different ingredients for these cards and will list them all together. I am sure you are clever enough to work out which ones are on which card.

Card: Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Not Quite Navy, Close to Cocoa
Ink: Versamark, Creamy Caramel, Not Quite Navy, Always Artichoke, Perfect Plum, Chocolate Chip
Ribbon: Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain
Embellishments: Hodgepodge Hardware, Metallic eyelets (retired)
Punches: Spiral, Word Window, Small Oval
Stamp sets: Totally Tool, Weathered, Wonderful Favourites, Oval All

Till next time, happy stamping...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...