Tutorials

Saturday, August 29, 2009

One Sheet Wonders

I know I have been very bad at keeping up to date with this blog. I am so sorry for making you wait. I have been busy working on things for my secret sister. No excuse, I know, but it's the only one I have.

Anyway last week was DH's birthday and of course, I left it to the last minute to do anything. Someone, sorry I can't remember who, had directed me to Mae's Cachet which has templates for doing "One Sheet Wonders" What is a "One Sheet Wonder"? I hear you ask! Well basically it is a piece of cardstock, with many stamps stamped over it and you then cut it up to make a number of different cards. It is quite an effective way of using one piece of card to make a bundle of cards. I think it's fantastic as well, if you don't have much DSP, as you create your own design.


So I quickly whipped up a 'sheet' and cut it up. I decided to try and use Pacific Point, as I don't use it very much at all. I do like the colour but in general find it very BRIGHT. I had just bought the co-ordinating ribbon as well for an extra incentive to use it.

I made two cards using the same sheet for hubby. The first one was from the kids and I had a little accident when stamping "Happy Birthday", so I covered it with the beads. These beads are not SU and were from my friend Julie.

This second card was from me. I loved the way using the same paper you could come up with two completely different cards.


The other fantastic thing about Mae's "One Sheet Wonders" is that you can adapt them to any type of theme you need. My next lot is going to be for Christmas.

Card: Whisper White, Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss
Ink: Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, Really Rust
Ribbons: Pacific Point 5/8" striped grosgrain, Kiwi Kiss/Very Vanilla Satin
Punch: Double Rectangle, 1/2" circle

I am also working on an apparently foolproof method of watercolouring, which I hope to show you next post.

Till next time, happy stamping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...