Tutorials

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Totally Illuminated

Well it appears that I have found some more time, amazing as it may be. I saw a some cards on Michelle Le Bretons website and wanted to try something similar. The following cards have been a gradual process that I had decided to do and then every time I started on them I got disturbed or had more pressing projects to make. So they have been sitting in pieces on my desk calling to me to be finished.

I used the crayon resist technique and on the places that I missed I added white with my Signo Gel pen. What a great little pen to have.....


I tried to different ways of applying the ink for the crayon resist. On the Joy and Hope cards, I applied the ink by brayer and with the Cherish and Thanks card, I used my sponge daubers. I liked the brayer effect but found that it was taking the crayon off (which I needed to resist the ink). I guess it's all a learning curve...

Card: Sahara Sand, Basic Black, Whisper White, Pale Plum
Ink: Staz on Black, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum
Ribbon: Black 1" satin (off the EOY gift from hubbys work) and 1/4" purple grosgrain - non SU
Embellishments: Pretties Kit, Making Memories 5th Avenue Blossoms - non SU
Stamp Set: Illuminations

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...