Tutorials

Monday, November 22, 2010

Searching for inspiration!

Do you sometimes get a block? Can't think of what to create? Well that happens to me too! To get myself back into the swing of things, I've been doing a big of casing... it really does work to get your brain going.

Today's case is from page 38 of the Idea Book and Catalogue. The certainly don't call it an Idea Book for no reason.... there is heaps of inspiration in there!

I don't actually have any Dafffodil Delight cardstock (how can that be?), so I decided to dab some Whisper White on the Daffodil Delight Classic Ink Pad and I think I prefer the effect that I managed to get. It's a little splotchy and gives more texture than plain cardstock would have.


Of course true to form, I just couldn't keep with their colours. I wanted to try out my new colour coach and must say that I quite like it. I wouldn't have used these colours together myself, but enjoyed what I created.

Sometimes I get a little excited and stamp on the inside too!


Okay so as I was saying.... inspiration and action = mojo! As I was building the card above the one below was forming in my mind. To challenge myself even further, I decided that I'd stick with using the same colours again! As you can see I have two very different cards.


I wanted to have a see through component of this card and it was mighty difficult to photograph well. Sorry!

There was a bit of measuring to make sure that I got the four sections exactly placed and although that may sound a little fiddly, I am pleased as the result was pretty much symmetrical.


And again, since I had the see through cut out, I had already decorated the inside of the card! Talk about killing two bird with one stone! It just needed a verse to complete it!

The little bows are made using the no tie method, which involves wrapping a brad around the ribbon and since this ribbon was so thin, the brads were hanging out the back everywhere so I got my trusty Craft and Rubber scissors and cut the extra metal bits off. I love these scissors! It's almost like having something from hubbys tool box in my hand, but definitely much cleaner and easier to use! LOL!


Alright I am going to be horrible and lump all the ingredients together again, since most of them double up!

Card:Whisper White, Pacific Point, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo
Ink:Pacific Point, Old Olive, RIch Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight
Ribbons: 5/8" Pacific Point Striped Grosgrain (retired), 1/8" Daffodil Delight Taffeta
Punches: Full Heart, Ornament Punch, Jewellery Tag Medium
Embellishments: Heart Treat Cups, Buttons (non-SU), Clear Rhinestone Brads
Stamp Sets:Tiny Tags, Occasional Quotes (hostess set), Sweetheart, Delightful Decorations

Till next time, happy stamping...

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! You have been busy! I love the added "texture" ... aren't you innovative!!! (wink) Love the 2nd inspiration, too ... and those cute brad bows are fab with the tiny tags! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...