Tutorials

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Black Magic

Well every now and then I like to try a new technique. Sometimes I try it without knowing what I am going to do with the artwork. This was such an excursion. So a couple of months ago - yes I did this that long ago, I decided to try black magic. It's really cool. Basically you stamp your image in Kraft White Ink on black cardstock. And then when the ink is dry you colour it using your watercolour pencils.


Now please take know that you MUST let your ink dry before handling and as it is pigment ink, it will take a little longer than usual. In the card above I was a tad impatient and ended up with a smudge on it. Hence the ribbon across the top to try and hide it. This ribbon was white. I used some Sage Shadow ink to take the starkness of it!

I used the reverse masking technique to create the moon in the card above. The oval in the card below was made using the normal masking technique.


So I actually made the stamped images a couple of months ago and they have been sitting patiently on my desk for me to mount and make them into cards. I will give you the ingredients for both cards at once as they are very similar.

Card: Whisper White, Sage Shadow, Soft Sky (retired), Night of Navy, Ballet Blue
Ink: Kraft White, Night of Navy
Ribbon: Whisper White 3/8" Taffeta
Punches: 1" Circle, Small Oval, Large Oval, Scallop Oval
Stamp sets:Lovely As A Tree, Warm Words

Till next time, happy stamping...

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic technique, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Sonia, will have to try this one myself. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a great job, Sonia, hunny! Haven't tried this set with this technique before ... but you have given me an urge to try it! TFS Hugs Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them!!!! I must get 'game' & try this, I keep putting it off... lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This effect of this technique is STUNNING isn't it Sonia. You're cards are super!! :)
    Thanks for sharing & inspiring
    Hugs
    Tan xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. So love this technique Sonia just never tried it!! Duly noted re the drying time too!!!! ;) If I say much more I am just gunna sound like those before me....but the sentiment is very much the same!! Brilliant. ooxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...