Tutorials

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Holiday snaps

Well I thought I'd show you some of the things I have been up. In case you didn't know, we spent the school holidays travelling to the most northerly point on the Australian mainland. This has been something I have wanted to do for years.


Now we camped and cooked using open fires etc. Here is our pot of vege's cooking one night. Our cuisine wasn't your standard camp tucker of tinned spaghetti or sausages on bread. Now meat and three veg was served often enough. In saying this, I will admit that I didn't do any cooking while we were away!



The photo above is trying to show the Undarra Lava tubes. These were formed from a volcano hundreds of years ago. It is simply stunning and the photo's do it no justice!


Of course, I couldn't just look up and this photo shows the roots of an old strangler fig writhing across the ground. I just loved the colours here!


At Lakefield National Park we stopped to stretch our legs and came across this water plant. The flowers on it fascinated me. They are about the size of a 50 cent peice, so pretty much what you can see on your screen. The petals are made up for the most wonderful little filaments. It's moments like these I wish I had a macro lens. LOL!


There were many lagoons in Lakefield National Park and I couldn't help but snap this water lily. I was quite a way from the edge of the lagoon as there are crocodiles in there. We also saw heaps of snakes crossing the road as we drove through here.


We visited the town Lucinda, which is how we chose our daughters name. So we thought we'd take here there to check it out. She wasn't very impressed - LOL!

It was actually quite nice there and this was the view from the small jetty. Not the 5km long one! Yes, they actually have Australia's longest jetty there!



Now I'd promised someone that if she behaved all term, I'd take her horseriding in the holidays. So here we are at Wonga Beach. Neither of us has much (read "any") experience at horseriding and if you have a good look at our horses you'll notice they are asleep. Certainly helped to make me feel better.


Now this was my main aim for the holiday - I wanted to see the most northerly tip of the Australian mainland. And of course, I was so happy, I had to give the sign a kiss! LOL.

Now if you take a close look and you went to convention this year, you may recognise the cap. Yes, it's the Stampin' Up!® one that we were given this year. So I guess you could say I took Stampin' Up!® to most northern part of Australia. LOL!


Now I can't think of a better way to finish my tale, than showing you the view the I had at the end of the day! This is sunset at Loyalty Beach. I took this photo, as I sat in my camp! That's one fantastic thing about camping, you get the best views!

Okay, I'll try not to talk about this trip again! Get ready for some stamping posts soon!

Till next time, happy stamping...

2 comments:

  1. Hi, it sounds like you had a fantastic holiday with your family. The photo's are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sonia! I enjoyed reading about your fantastic holiday ... and you have some wonderful memories captured in these special pics! I love creating memories on special family holidays. We have done a few now (I am a little older than you!) ... and our kids still talk about them years later. Hugs xxaxx PS Looking forward to seeing some Sonia creations. Don't you have withdrawals??? (wink) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...