Tutorials

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Faux metal technique

Well I decided to have a go at the Mojo Monday sketch 88, although I am not brave enough to enter it on their site. And here is my finished attempt




A close up of the faux metal that I made....



Yes this is another new technique from me. And another addition to my blog in such a short space of time. I have been housebound for the last couple of days with a sick baby - who's sleeping a lot, so I have found plenty of time to work quietly on my papercafts.


Faux metal is an incredibly simple concept and the results are stunning. You just need a little time, embossing powder, versamark, stamps and a heat gun. I will look at running a class in my home in the not to distant future, so if you would like to come please email me.


Card: Basic Black, Taken With Teal, Elegant Eggplant.

Ink: Versamark

Ribbon: Purple 1/4" grosgrain (non-SU)

Embellishments: Metallic eyelets (retired)

Stamp sets: Circle Circus, Best Yet (hostess set) and Rustic Rooster (hostess set)
Cuttlebug: That's my type - embossing folder


There are a couple of ways to get the hostess set and the first is to host a workshop, however if you can't do that, perhaps you could show the Ideas Book and Catalogue and collect orders, via a catalogue party. To order an Idea Book and Catalogue, just email me at soniagarbutt@yahoo.com.au






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...