Tutorials

Friday, May 29, 2009

Crayon Resist Technique


Well here I am with some cards made using the crayon resist technique. These were my first attempts and unfortunately I didn't have all the correct equipment. The Ocean Commotion Fish was stamped using Basic Black and when I went over it with my ink, it picked up the black and smudged this around it. All in all, although it isn't what I expected it didn't turn out too bad.

Card: Tango Tangerine, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Baja Breeze, Pacific Point and Blue Bayou (retired)
Stamp Sets: Ocean Commotion
Embellishments: Light Blue Chunky Sprinkles
Extras: White crayon - used one of my daughters and it didn't resist too well.


This was my second attempt at this technique and I used the Staz On Black, with much better results. I believe that the white crayon worked better this time as it wasn't picking up the black ink, as happened in the Ocean Commotion fish. I used my sponge daubers to add the ink to these pictures in an ad hoc manner.
Card: Pink Pirouhette, Whisper White and Rose Red
Ink: Pink Pirouhette and Kiwi Kiss
Ribbon: 1cm pink grosgrain (non SU)
Stamp set: Priceless
Punches: Scallop Edge and Photo Corners Punch
If you would like to know more about this technique or would like me to come and demonstrate how it is done, please email me at soniagarbutt@yahoo.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...