Tutorials

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

OSW - Part 3

Okay well here is Part 3 of my take on Linda Craven's OSW. These cards all started with three 4cm x 6.5cm rectangles. I found it particularly hard to make a portrait card with these cuts.



So this pink card was actually the last card that I made. It was supposed to be the one that was in the portrait pose, but somehow it ended up landscape. It was very bland so I decided to add the blinged up butterfly. These pictures don't do this card any justice at all. It is quite noice!

Now in case you weren't aware you can still get this butterfly punch! Yep, Stampin' Up!® has some excess stock available
.

The card below was not what I expected, but I am happy with it. I used Andrea Lowcocks tutorial on pleating ribbon to help me with this one. I was pretty happy with how easy it was to do, once you know how. Thanks Andrea!


I just love the last card. I don't know why! I think it just came together so effortlessly. And doesn't that always makes you like a card? LOL.

So that is three sets done. Which means I have shown you 1/3 of the cards that I am to make using this OSW. Are you bored of these cards as yet? I know I'd like to see a couple of different colours for a few days. LOL. I have decided to have a break with my next post. Yep, I am going off schedule to show you something else! Keep your eyes peeled.

Card: Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip
DSP: Bella Rose
Ribbon: Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain, Old Olive 1/4" grosgrain
Punches: Spiral, Butterfly, Designer Label, Scallop Edge, Scallop Oval, Large Oval
Embellishments: Pretties Kit, Chunky Glitter, Flower Fusion Too, Hodgepodge Hardware
Stamp Sets: Priceless, Best Yet, Occasional Greetings, Oval All (retired)

Till next time, happy stamping...

4 comments:

  1. Oooh ... looky looky! Sonia linked back to my blog! Giggle! I always get a teenage thrill when I see my name on someone else's blog!!! I know ... I can hear you say ... "you need a life"! Thanks Sonia for the link! I am soooo enjoying seeing your OSW cards. Your choice of DSP was inspirational for this project! Still on my "to do" list ... one day! Stampin' Hugs, Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your OSW cards. I really like Bella Rose so it was great to see the cards in Bella Rose and in your OSW using similar colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Soina, I love these cards. I can't wait to study them carefully and make some myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sonia, all these are magical to the MAX!! Bella Rose is such a FAVE of mine, but alas...I have to use it instead of hoard it huh?? LOL!! These cards are all so fab and different. Stella (or shd that be Bella)effort darl. ooxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...