Tutorials

Saturday, April 17, 2010

OSW - Part 2

Here we go with the second group of cards from this OSW of Linda Cravens. If you missed Part 1, click here!

This selection started off as a 4cm x 14.8cm strip of paper.



I don't know what stopped me from punching all the way along with the eyelet punch, but I liked the effect that I managed to achieve, purely by accident. Sometimes the best creations happen by accident!


I really loved how the Cottage Garden stamp set, matched in nicely with the Bella Rose DSP. Or perhaps it was the colouring? I stamped the salutation in Riding Hood Red and then again making a shadow in Pink Pirouette, although it's a little hard to see in the photo's.


This card gave me the willies, trying to get it right. The strip I started with seemed to be lacking! I decided that it needed something to go around it and this 1 1/4" ribbon seemed almost to overtake it! Trying not to go overboard, I thought that a plain piece of cardstock underneath would be okay - but it was just too boring! So I got out my trusty crimper and rippled the card and it was just enough to take the plain-ness out of the card.

Again I'll list all the ingredients together to alleviate a lot of doubling up.

Card: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
DSP: Bella Rose
Ribbon: Pink Pirouette 5/8" Striped Grosgrain, Pink Pirouette 1 1/4" Grosgrain (retired)
Punches:Eyelet Border, Photo Corners, 1 1/4" Circle, Designer Label, Wide Oval, Scallop Border, Scallop Circle, 1 3/8" Circle, 1/2" Circle
Embellishments: Earth Elements Brads, Build-A-Brad Pewter
Stamp Sets:Priceless, Cottage Garden, Best Yet, Think Happy Thoughts

I hope that you have enjoyed this collection and I look forward to showing you more in the coming days.

Till next time, happy stamping...

1 comment:

  1. Had to giggle about you "having the willies". But ... I am glad you sorted out your probs ... cos the final result was just gorgeous! All these cards have such a pretty look and will make gorgeous gift cards! TFS Hugs, Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...