Tutorials

Monday, September 13, 2010

A challenge set by EnchantINK!

Last month my friend Andrea set a challenge on her blog and I thought I'd make sure that I entered. The challenge was to take inspiration from her blog header. I wasn't feeling too creative. Actually getting a card out of me at all was a suprise as I have been sooooo busy!

Anyway I figured I'd try to case her header and add some of the elements that I have learned from being on her blog.

I got a scrap peice of paper and punched out two Full Hearts and keep both images. Using the punched image I layered them and then brayered over the top. I then took the other peice of cardstock that I had punched the cards out of and layered it over where I had previous had the actual punched shape and sponged the inside. This left me with the white line around the hearts. And since this was Andrea's challenge it wouldn't be right, without a bit of bling, so I mixed some chunky glitter and Crystal Effects together and painted the hearts. It looks much better IRL.

I also used the scrunchy ribbon, which is made by cutting down the centre of the ribbon about 1cm and then pulling on a thread. I did this until I had enough scrunchy ribbon to sit nicely on the card. It is a little slow, but so worth it. I then made the super easy bow that Andrea taught us as well.



Anyway I can't actually remember all the colours that I used on this card, but I do know that the cardstock was the newly returned River Rock. Isn't it fantastic?

Anyway no recipe today... sorry.... perhaps I'll get back on track soon

Till next time, happy stamping
...

1 comment:

  1. I am going to hound you for this colour combo ... cos I love it!!! CONGRATS ON WINNING THE CHALLENGE HUNNY!!!! A worthy winner ... so many of my blog header elements in this card! Hugs Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...