Tutorials

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mixing the old with the new!

I guess I should apologise for not being here for the last week or so. I decided that I wanted to grow a hedge to 'fence' off my front yard and that now would be an ideal time to plant it. That way hopefully it will be established before the winter frosts come in. So with that in mind, I purchased 140 Japanese Box plants and have had to dig (well hubby did) 37 metres of garden. This then required planting, mulching and lots of water to help establish it. Just getting them all planted took four days! I have also decided to paint Miss 8's room, so I have been busy cleaning, emptying rooms out, washing walls, sanding, taping, undercoating, sanding again and painting. I wish I could say that I am finished, but I need to do another coat and then start on the trims in the room. Now onto the stuff you really care about...

Well this month we have been given the challenge to use green at the Stampin_Up_In_Oz Yahoo group. This was because we were working towards March which has St Patricks Day in it. There was no requirement to make anything symbolic of St Patricks Day, but I couldn't help myself!


I think this card is a cross between Aussie and Irish - Green and Gold for Australia and the Shamrocks for the Irish - perhaps I should call it my Aussish or Irie card?

Now all of the ingredients on this card are made from old stock, except the Stamp Set and punch! I just love this So Happy For You stamp set that's only available through Sale-A-Bration! It is very cute!

Card: Green Galore (retired), Summer Sun (retired)
Ink: Green Galore (retired)
DSP: Patterns Pack (retired hostess set)
Punch: Heart to Heart
Stamp Set: So Happy For You

Till next time, happy stamping...

1 comment:

  1. Wow...this is certainly bright!!! Love the concept...so clever. Must keep in mind the shamrocks fm that set. great job Sonia. Make sure you rest those weary bones!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...