Tutorials

Friday, March 5, 2010

A moving card.....

Well, this isn't a card about moving.... but it does have moving parts.

As you may be aware, I have recently been away to attend my brothers wedding. Now the bride and groom aren't totally traditional, to say the least. So I thought a quirky humorous card would suit them better.


I got the tutorial to make a moving card like this from the last Ustamp I attended. This card design was submitted by the very talented, Lynn Pratt. Lynn's instructions ended a little further ahead than mine, she had boy + girl + love = baby. Obviously there a lots of different images you can use to create different outcomes.

As you can see below, I used boy + girl + love = wedding cake. I really enjoyed making these little pictures. The cake I used from Fun and Fast Notes. Instead of inking up the whole stamp, I chose one cake and only inked it up.


Now you are probably thinking what a strange colour combination. Well it was a challenge set by the Yahoo group Stampin_Up_In_Oz. Definitely not colours I would normally choose for a wedding card, but they did look great together. And I enjoyed colouring in with my Stampin' Write Markers.

Card: Real Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron
Punch: Scallop Edge Border, 1 3/4" Circle
Embellishments: Earth Elements Brad
Stamp Sets: Illuminations, All in the Family, Simply Said, Fun and Fast Notes

Till next time, happy stamping...

3 comments:

  1. I love making mechanical cards. That is what I call moving cards. The one you made is so  cute. I also like the colours you used. Thank you for visiting blog as well. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever Chick-a-dee Sonia...a moving card....who'd a thunk?? LOL!!! Well done darl...can't wait to see more of the same!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME card Sonia :) Love the whole idea of boy + girl + love = wedding cake.....how SWEET
    Hugs
    Tan xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...